Spring has Sprung a Guilt-Free Dessert!
The first day of spring was a little over a week ago on March 20th and now Easter is only a week away! If you’ve been looking for dessert recipes to make this year, look no further! Spring has sprung a delicious, guilt-free dessert in 2021. Recipe developer and food blogger Lisa Bryan shares her recipe for a raw mixed berry and vanilla bean cheesecake on her Downshiftology blog. This recipe can accommodate all of the allergies in your household because it is gluten and dairy-free, vegan, and paleo.
Spring has Sprung a Guilt-Free Dessert! Learn how to make it below:
- 3 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 vanilla beans, scraped
- 1 1/2 cups raw macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cup raw pecans
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries
- 2 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
- Firstly, place all of the crust ingredients, along with half of the 3/4 cup of shredded coconut, into a food processor. Pulse the processor until the ingredients are mixed to your desired level of chunky or fine texture.
- Next, sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of shredded coconut at the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan (helps cheesecake not to stick). Place the crust mixture on top and gently flatten it with your fingers on the bottom of the pan.
- Then, for the main cheesecake filling, place all the ingredients in a high-powered blender or a food processor (the blender makes the filling creamy and fine). Blend for 1-2 minutes, until thick and creamy.
- Pour your filling on top of the crust and then shake the pan gently to remove air bubbles. Place your pan in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- While your cheesecake is hardening in the freezer, you can make the topping. Begin by placing all of the topping ingredients in your clean food processor and pulse for 30 seconds. Then set aside until your cheesecake has hardened.
- After 30 minutes, your cheesecake should be ready for the topping. Spoon the berry mixture on top and place the cheesecake back in the freezer for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Finally, when you’re ready to serve the cheesecake, remove it from the freezer for about 20 minutes to let it soften.
- Garnish with additional berries and dig into this guilt-free dessert!
This guilt-free dessert serves around 8 people and contains only 118 calories per slice! Each slice has 10.75g of carbs, 1.75g of protein, 8.375g of fat, and only 7.75g of sugar!
Want more guilt-free desserts?
Learn about the inspiration behind Lisa Bryan’s raw mixed berry and vanilla bean cheesecake and find more guilt-free desserts on her blog!
Also make sure to check out our blogs, “Healthy Desserts for Your Sweet Tooth,” and “Tasty and Simple Chia Pudding Recipe” for even more ideas!