Tasty and Simple Chia Pudding Recipe
Looking for more healthy desserts or snacks to try? This tasty and simple chia pudding recipe from Feel Good Foodie only requires 3 ingredients! You can also add extra toppings of your choice such as chocolate chips, fruit, or nut butter. This recipe is great because it leaves room for creativity and only takes 5 minutes of prep time.
How to make this tasty and simple chia pudding recipe:
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup almond milk, or any milk of your choice
- 1 teaspoon honey or other sweeteners
- Firstly, pour the chia seeds, milk, and sweetener into an 8-ounce mason jar and mix well. Let it settle for 2 to 3 minutes and then stir again until there are no clumps.
- Next, cover the jar and store it in the fridge overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- Mix in the toppings of your choice
- Lastly, grab a spoon and enjoy this tasty snack!
Chia pudding flavor ideas
The blog Chocolate Covered Katie shares many chia pudding flavor ideas:
- Chocolate fudge: Add mini chocolate chips and chocolate protein powder or cocoa powder.
- Strawberry coconut: Use coconut milk for the milk of your choice in the base recipe and then add sliced strawberries.
- Chocolate chip banana bread: Stir in mini chocolate chips and mashed banana.
- Blueberry pie: Add pureed blueberries or blueberry yogurt and cinnamon.
Some of my own include:
- Almond Joy: Use coconut milk for the milk of your choice in the base recipe. Then add sliced almonds and mini chocolate chips. You can even add coconut flakes as well!
- Peaches and cream: Add diced peaches and some plain or vanilla greek yogurt.
The chia pudding nutrition facts are not exact and do not include additional toppings you may add.
Calories: 155 | Carbs: 16g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Sodium: 166mg | Potassium: 97mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 5g | Calcium: 301mg | Iron: 1.9mg
I hope you enjoy this simple and tasty chia pudding recipe!
Check out last week’s blog for more simple and healthy snack recipes: https://itspray.com/blog/healthy-desserts-for-your-sweet-tooth/