Vegetarian Creamy Pesto with Spinach
When I got home from work the other day, I was famished but had no idea what I wanted to eat. I searched through the fridge and cabinets and found a serving of spaghetti noodles, garlic, and some pesto sauce. Therefore, I decided to whip together a pasta dish with the miscellaneous ingredients left in my kitchen. The result: a vegetarian creamy pesto dish with spinach. This quick and easy lunch or dinner dish only takes about 15 minutes to prep!
Vegetarian creamy pesto with spinach Recipe
- 1 serving of pasta (doesn’t matter the shape)
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 tablespoon Olive oil for cooking
- Firstly, bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Once the water starts boiling, add the pasta and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a small skillet on medium-high.
- Then, add the spinach, pesto, garlic, cream cheese, and milk.
- Turn the heat down to low and let simmer
- Drain the noodles and serve with your creamy pesto sauce.
- Lastly, enjoy this delicious vegetarian creamy pesto with spinach!
Spinach is a Great Source of Vitamins and Nutrients
According to an article from Healthline, 100g of spinach contains 23 calories, 2.9g of protein, 3.6g of carbs, 0.4g of sugar, 2.2g of fiber, and only 0.4g of fat. It also has a water content of 91%! Not to mention, most of the carbs in spinach consist of fiber! Spinach also contains an abundance of nutrients including vitamins A, C, K1, and B9 (folic acid). It is also high in iron and calcium!
BOOSTit, your solution for immune support is also a great source of vitamins and nutrients to help you live a healthy lifestyle! It contains an abundance of natural ingredients like elderberry and monk fruit extract. Click here to view our full list of ingredients!