Try This Fruity Spin on Pork Chops!
I love pairing sweet and savory. Cooking fruit and meat together makes the dish so juicy and delicious. And yes, I am one of those people who like pineapple on my pizza. We can agree to disagree if this is something you despise. If you are like me and also enjoy the combination of sweet and savory, then you need to try this fruity spin on pork chops from Eating Well.
Try This Fruity Spin on Pork Chops
This recipe makes 4 servings and takes a total of 1 hour and 40 minutes to prepare and cook.
Sugar and Spice Rub
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¾ tsp black pepper
- 4 (8 ounce) bone-in pork center-cut chops, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons canola oil plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups thinly sliced Granny Smith apples
- ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- To prepare Sugar and Spice Rub: In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, chili powder, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, and black pepper.
For more tasty dishes stay tuned on Mondays for our weekly recipe blogs at itspray.com!