Try this Delicious Armenian Spin on Pizza
My mom’s side of the family comes from the small country between Europe and Asia known as Armenia. You may associate this country with the Kardashian family since they are indeed half-Armenian. Hopefully, that doesn’t skew your view of this amazing country and all it has to offer. I personally have never visited but my grandmother makes the most delicious food from Armenia. One of my favorite recipes she taught me to make is called Lahmajoon otherwise known as Armenian pizza. If you’re feeling adventurous to try this delicious Armenian spin on pizza then stay tuned! This recipe from Taste of Home presents a simpler and less time-consuming way to make this dish.
Delicious Armenian Spin on Pizza
- 3/4 cup drained petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound extra-lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients.
- Next, crumble the beef over the mixture and mix well.
- Place the tortillas on greased baking sheets. Then, spread 1/4 cup of the meat mixture onto each tortilla to within 1/2 in. of the edges.
- Lastly, bake at 425° for 9-12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and edges of tortillas begin to brown.
This recipe makes 6 servings and each serving is 2 pizzas.
- 385 calories
- 9g fat
- 55g carbohydrates (depending on tortilla type)
- 2g sugar
- 1g fiber
- 21g protein
Here is a picture of when I made it with my grandmother!
I truly hope that you try and enjoy this delicious Armenian spin on pizza. The great part about this recipe is that you can adjust it depending on the size of pizzas you want, as well as the type of tortilla (white or whole grain). I will share more delicious Armenian recipes in future blogs, so make sure you continue to check our blog page! We also share our blogs every day on Tumblr and LinkedIn!