Peanut Butter Banana Chip Protein Shake
Let’s face it: life gets busy and we don’t always have enough time to sit down at home and eat. Therefore, most of us could use a healthy breakfast or lunch we can take on the go. Protein shakes made with the proper ingredients provide a great meal substitute to fuel your busy life. Making shakes at home, rather than going out can help save you money and calories. My favorite recipe to make at home is a peanut butter banana chip protein shake. Although this recipe is not vegan, you can use alternative ingredients to make it dairy-free.
- 1 banana
- 1 cup milk (you can use any milk alternative such as almond or coconut milk)
- 2 cups ice
- Single serving of protein powder (I use Orgain vanilla plant-based protein powder)
- 1/2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
*If you use a frozen banana, only use 1 cup of ice
- Firstly, cut your banana up into fourths and place it in the blender.
- Next, add your milk, ice, protein powder, peanut butter, and chocolate chips.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth.
- Lastly, pour into a 20 oz cup and enjoy!
Peanut Butter Banana Chip Protein Shake Nutrition
The nutrition facts vary with the protein powder and type of milk you use. Here is the nutrition using unsweetened almond milk and 1 serving (2 scoops) of Orgain vanilla protein powder.
- Calories: 378
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrates: 55g
- Fiber: 10g
- Sugar: 20g
- Fat: 13g
Ultimately, the nutrition facts are customizable. For instance, you can lower the sugar/carb content depending on the type of chocolate chips you use. This shake is meant as a meal replacement, therefore it has more calories than a shake consumed as a post workout recovery.