Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
My all-time favorite thing to bake is oatmeal chocolate chip banana muffins. They are delicious and my entire family loves them! Have them for breakfast, a snack, or even a healthy dessert!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins Recipe
This recipe is from Bake. Eat. Repeat.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup (or more) semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used mini chocolate chips)
- Firstly, preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper or silicone liners or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mash the 3 bananas and mix in the wet ingredients: eggs, oil, and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Then, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter between muffin cups. The recipe will make 12 to 15 muffins, depending on how full you fill the cups.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Lastly, let the muffins cool before enjoying!
Bananas are Full of Nutrients
In previous blogs, I discussed the nutritional benefits of bananas and how they help athletic performance. You have probably also seen many recipe blogs where bananas are the main ingredient. The reason for this is because they are incredibly healthy. Although they contain almost 30g of carbs, these carbs are healthy and come from natural sugars, therefore providing quick energy for workouts. Bananas are also high in potassium and antioxidants and low in fat – only 0.4g!
Here is a list of recipes we use featuring bananas:
- Gluten-free Banana Pancakes Recipe
- Peanut Butter Banana Chip Protein Shake
- Sweet and Light Banana Cream Pudding
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Donut Recipe