Low Cal Bacon Egg and Cheese Sandwich
Need a protein-rich breakfast or lunch to fuel your long summer days? This low-cal bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich from Clean Food Crush is the perfect solution. Eggs function as the bun to hold the sandwich together, therefore making it low-carb as well. Each sandwich totals around 400 calories and only takes around 10 minutes to make.
Low cal bacon egg and cheese sandwich
Makes 2 servings
- 4 large eggs
- 2-3 Tbsp. water
- 1 small and ripe avocado, lightly mashed
- 2-3 slices bacon, cooked to your liking
- 2 Tbsp. shredded cheese (optional)
- cooking spray (coconut or avocado preferred)
- Firstly, place a medium non-stick pan over medium heat. Place 4 mason jar lids inside with their centers removed and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Next, gently crack the eggs into the centers of the lids and lightly whisk with a fork to break up the yoke.
- Then, pour water around the lids and cover the pan. Cook on low heat for 3-4 minutes, or until the egg is just set.
- Remove the lids and top with cheese. Cook for another minute to allow the cheese to melt. Gently remove the egg from the pan with a spatula and set it on a plate, with the cheese side facing up.
- Lastly, top with avocado and bacon and place the other egg “bun” on top.
Fuel-up with CHARGEit
Wherever you’re working this summer, chances are you need an extra boost of energy. If you have kids home from school, you probably need five extra boosts of energy. Fuel up with CHARGEit so you can take full advantage of the longer, sunny days ahead.
Want more sandwich ideas?
Check out our blog to learn how to make this quick and light curry chicken salad sandwich for the perfect lunch or dinner!