Kung Pao Shrimp from Healthy Fitness Meals
This 15-minute Kung Pao Shrimp recipe from healthy fitness meals is quick and delicious. It also contains vegetables, lean protein, and whole grains to provide your body with the vitamins and nutrients it needs.
Kung Pao Shrimp Recipe from Healthy Fitness Meals
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce or coconut amino liquid
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Siracha
- 1 tablespoon water
- A pound of large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper cut into chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into chunks
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- green onions sliced
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- cooked brown rice to serve with (optional)
- Firstly, in a mixing bowl, combine soy sauce or coconut amino, sesame oil, maple syrup, Sriracha and red pepper flakes, cornstarch, and water. Whisk to combine them.
- Peel and devein the shrimps and season with some salt and pepper.
- Next, cut the pepper into thick chunks and mince the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Then, add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Immediately add in the bell peppers and cook until golden and opaque, for about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimps and cook, stirring occasionally until pink and opaque, for about 2 minutes.
- Next, stir in the prepared sauce with the peanuts and cook for 2-3 minutes more, until the sauce is thickened and bubbling hot.
- Transfer the Kung Pao shrimp into a serving bowl next to some cooked rice.
- Lastly, garnish with sliced green onions and serve warm.
We hope you enjoy this Kung Pao Shrimp recipe from Healthy Fitness Meals!
Need an extra boost of immunity this summer?
Eating healthy is an important step in taking care of your immune system. However, there are many other ways you can do so, such as taking BOOSTit, your natural solution for immune support. BOOSTit contains many vitamins including A, C, D, and B-12, as well as zinc and L-Glutamine for gut health. Its nutrients absorb into the body via sublingual delivery in under 30 seconds. It is also portable and TSA-compliant, which means you can take it on the plane with you!