Keto Pepperoni Pizza Poppers
Looking for recipes you can serve as appetizers, or even eat for a meal? This keto pepperoni pizza poppers recipe from Healthy Minute Meals is quick, easy, and only requires 4 ingredients! You can serve these up at your upcoming Halloween or Holiday party!
Keto Pepperoni Pizza Poppers Recipe
- 5 mini peppers, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup tomato basil sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 6 slices turkey pepperoni, cut into small circles with a 1/2-inch cookie cutter (or into triangles with a knife)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon tomato basil sauce into each pepper half and top with 2 tablespoons cheese and 2 mini pepperonis.
- Then, bake for ~10 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
- Lastly, let them cool before enjoying!
Bell peppers contain many vitamins and minerals
The vitamins within bell peppers include vitamin C, B6, K1, E, A, and folate (B9). One medium bell pepper contains 169% of the recommended amount of vitamin C, which is essential for immune support. Vitamin C also helps the gut absorb more iron which helps prevent anemia. Anemia is usually caused by a lack of iron in the diet and is characterized by fatigue and weakness. The intensity of these symptoms increases for women during their period because of high blood loss. Speaking of blood, vitamins B6 and K1 promote blood health. They help create red blood cells and support blood clotting. Vitamin K1 also helps keep the bones strong and healthy. Lastly, vitamin E supports nerve and muscle health.
Potassium, the important mineral within bell peppers, supports heart health.
Visit our blog on the health benefits of bell peppers to learn more!
Want another tasty bell pepper recipe?
Unlike the pepperoni pizza popper recipe, this one uses a whole pepper with the top cut-off. It is stuffed with rice, ground beef, and many different spices. Both of these recipes are great to help you stay healthy this holiday season!