Grill Your Way to a Healthier Lifestyle
The best part about warm weather and long days is firing up the grill in the evening. My favorite part about summer is kicking back, listening to country music, and eating outside on the patio. There are so many flavorful and healthy foods you can cook on the grill. One of our family favorites is kebabs – chicken, steak, and shrimp. This spring and summer, grill your way to a healthier lifestyle with teriyaki shrimp and veggie kebabs.
- 1 pound of shrimp peeled and deveined (leave the tail on)
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 large green pepper seeded and cut into 1 in by 1 in chunks
- 1 large red onion peeled and cut into 1 in by 1 in chunks
- 12 ounces teriyaki sauce
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for an hour before cooking
- Preheat grill over medium heat (350°-400°F)
- Thread the shrimp, pineapple, tomato, green pepper, and red onion chunks onto the skewers. Then, brush the skewers with half the marinade and set them aside for 5 minutes
- Place the skewers on the grill and grill for 4-5 minutes per side, or until the shrimp is pink and cooked through. Brush the skewers with the rest of the teriyaki sauce as they cook.
- Lastly, serve with a healthy side such as brown rice, and enjoy!
For some more delicious kebab recipes and ideas check out epicurious.com!
Want to live a healthier lifestyle?
It is never too late to start living a healthy lifestyle. Each day is a clean slate, full of new opportunities and challenges. itSpray solutions make a way for you to make the best of each new day. Our solutions are complete with natural ingredients and vitamins you need to develop a healthy lifestyle. BOOSTit, CHARGEit, and DREAMit are a piece of the puzzle when it comes to building the new you. Other pieces include eating healthy, staying active, and taking care of your mental and emotional health. Just like every single puzzle piece is important and unique, each component of a healthy lifestyle is as well. You need all of them to create your beautiful picture of health. Therefore, start this summer right and grill your way to a healthier lifestyle!