Delicious Low-Carb Spaghetti Casserole!
Pasta is one of my favorite meals on the planet. The shape and size doesn’t matter. For instance, I like everything from macaroni to fettuccine noodles. I tried a new take on spaghetti the other day that tasted just as delicious as pasta – but get this: it was only a fraction of the carbs. Still wondering what this mystery noodle replacement is? It’s – drumroll please – spaghetti squash! This so-called vegetable spaghetti will no doubt fool your kids into eating their vegetables. Therefore everyone – especially moms and dads – needs to make this delicious low-carb spaghetti casserole recipe! The recipe we used is from spendwithpennies.com.
- A single spaghetti squash cooked
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 5 ounces diced tomatoes canned
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup marinara sauce or pasta sauce
- ½ cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Firstly, preheat your oven to 375F.
- Next, cook the squash until tender and then cut it in half. Using a fork, remove spaghetti squash strands from the squash and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, cook ground beef, onion and garlic until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, pasta sauce and seasoning and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in the squash. Place it in a casserole dish (or back into the squash halves) and top with cheese. Lastly, bake the dish for 20 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
Delicious low-carb spaghetti casserole nutrition facts
This delicious low-carb spaghetti casserole recipe makes 6 servings and contains 286 calories per serving. Additionally, it only has 19 grams of carbs, 12 grams of fat, and 9 grams of sugar! It contains a whopping 25 grams of protein and 4 grams of fiber as well.
Want another Squash Recipe?
If you love squash and want more, check out our blog titled, “Healthy Alternative to Your Thanksgiving Mac and Cheese.” In this recipe you replace the butter and cream with butternut squash for an equally delicious and more nutritious dish!